[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network

Alexander Praetorius alex at twister11.de
Sat May 21 16:48:11 EDT 2011

The tools are not used in practice yet, so we have to figure out the
barriers that prevent people or communities from using the tools. The
solution or action we want is to remove those barriers so that the tools
will be used by other people or communities to discuss and solve their
problems.

"Discussion happens where a problem needs to be solved."

=> We need a problem to be solved. => We Discuss => We are a perfect target
community for our software.

How many people are on this mailinglist? How many do participate?
What prevents most of metagovernment community members from being more
active? What would prevent my grandma from using our tools if she would like
to participate? ...where do I formulate this issues? How can anyone who is
new to metagovernment.org get an overview about all the active issues? How
can I cast a vote for something? How can we prevent people from becoming
confused by the tool itself?

We can make proposals on what to do via the mailinlist, ..but could we make
the same proposals via a tool? Will people respond to it with the same
attention they give issues in the mailinglist?
Maybe they wont... but why?

We can optimize the tool if we start using it for all discussion related to
the improvement of our tools.