[MG] Votespace and social space visualizations

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue May 17 16:34:28 EDT 2011

A live visual is now running:
http://metagovernment.tuxfamily.org/crossforum/#c=DV&s=G!p!sandbox

 (hit refresh)

It's similar to the mockup posted earlier.  Compare here, for example:
http://metagovernment.tuxfamily.org/crossforum/#c=DV&s=G!p!sandbox%281f
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/vote/_/3.xht

Most of the functionality is still uncoded - highlighting of selected
bites, center panning and voting controls.  It runs slowly on Firefox
so it'll need optimizing.  It has minor layout glitches and the
scoping is broken - feed messages not appearing when they should.

I keep staring at it looking for warning signs.  But so far, all the
problems I see seem shallow.  I think that when it's connected to the
feed and the two are connected to their own media, then it'll have
lots of depth to float on.  It's lightweight enough, we should be able
to position it wherever conditions are favourable.  (Or so I like to
think, anyway.)  But I wish I could code it faster.