[MG] Liquid democracy versus proxy voting

Alexander Praetorius alex at twister11.de
Wed Mar 30 13:04:01 EDT 2011

I don't know, but for me, what you describe as proxy voting is also what
liquid democracy means.

I've never heard of the concept which you describe as "liquid democracy"
which
Associates a parliament with a fixed amount of representatives to it. But if
you don't have a fixed amount of representatives associated with a
parliament.... you could define parliament as all representatives, that is
all people who vote, some represent only themselves, some represent
themselves plus others...

If you use the latter definition of parliament, it will become what you
described as proxy voting.