[MG] Come together or reach out - was cascading etc.

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Mon Jun 13 03:51:40 EDT 2011

We spoke offlist yesterday and came to the consent, that there is indeed
a rule in regard to one's *physical* disposition in public space:

If one has the choices of:

(i) Converge, come together with those who agree.

(ii) Diverge, spread out amongst others. Reach out to those who agree
across the intervening distances.

... he should always use (ii) over (i) if both have the same cost. But
there seems to be a threshhold of number of people, below which it is
more beneficial to choose (i) and above which it is more beneficial to
choose (ii).

> BTW - I enabled tagging in the wiki: http://zelea.com/w/Property:Topic
> The design of the tooling that Thomas speaks of was floated here:
> http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2011-May/004015.html
> http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2011-May/004029.html
>
> Still curious.  Am I the only one unable to reach those 2 URLs?

I can reach them.

Thomas