[MG] Mapping Participation in Drupal

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Jan 19 01:11:36 EST 2011

conseo wrote:
> schrieb Alex Rollin:
> > I am rather certain that the Drupal solution handles more use
> > cases and is a wider deeper set of tools than what you are making.
>
> Of course it is. But I don't see where this is a problem. We can
> easily use Drupal as a drafting medium (e.g. blogs) already as far
> as Mike has told me and maybe soon even as a discussion medium (I
> have to write the scraper and fetcher for this then). We really
> don't want to compete here. In fact it would be lovely if you could
> work it out with us, since personally I'd like to address drupal at
> some near point in the future which would make our infrastructural
> concept *very* flexible and attractive to all kind of web
> communities already using drupal. It would also be an appropriate
> scale of test installation. What do you think, Michael?  Ideally
> they only have to install some pollserver stuff and a crossforum
> installation somewhere and will be able to blend that in where it
> makes sense to use democratical processes. That way we can also
> learn from Drupal and see where we can back our solutions up with
> it.

I think you guys are on the right track, if I understand.  We want to
move the machine to where people are.  That seems to be the
opportunity we're chasing.  In that sense we're politically driven.
So if Alex has a machine of his own, then we probably want to build a
bridge to it.  Because that's political too, and it'll attract people.
Right?

If there's a danger (just speaking generally), it might be in trying
to cover too great of a distance in a single trek, or in a single span
of the bridge.  We need to show meaningful progress at frequent
intervals or I think we'll lose people.  (Not that I see this as a
danger in what you suggest, in particular.)