[MG] Geomap for crossforum theatre

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Jan 8 07:13:55 EST 2011

(a quick update) The geomap now does spotlighting of user locations:
http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/crossforum/#c=DumG

I've defaulted it to a satellite rendering (temporarily), because I
think Thomas is right about the dark background.  It's better for the
theatrics.  (Compare using the + control at top right.)  BTW we're
building on the geospatial software shown here:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/

These are only simulated data, of course (dummy feed).  But Conseo has
parts of the diff-feed nearly ready, so we're getting closer to live
data.  (No obvious showstoppers on the horizon either, that I can see.
We could code in just about any direction we wanted to.  It's mostly
not a technical question, at this point.)