[MG] Hosting and collaborative development of crossforum theatre

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 09:06:09 EST 2011

Am 07.01.2011 14:32, schrieb Pietro Speroni di Fenizio:
> One thing that came to me was that I wished that no one, not Michael,
> not me, not Ed, just no single person had the power to destroy the
> whole project.

+1

> It would be interesting to set up a system where an action (let's say,
> an email get sent, which then could trigger a number of other actions)
> only when everybody inside a group, (or at least n people out of a
> group, or at least ... but considering that this person counts
> more...) agrees on it.

I thought about this issue too. And I agree, we need a mechanism to
govern ourselves. Basically for every desicion, let it be the homepage,
the licence, the admin-rules etc. Ofc we can use our own tools to vote
on it. But we would first need to find out, what the conditions are to
say, a poll is finished. What is consensus? Do we want the same
consensus in every question? Imo destroying the project should be harder
than changing the homepage ... So this is the meta-question we were
talking about some time ago: When is a question decided? (To make it
even more complicated: the meta-meta-question: When is the meta-question
decided? :-)

Thomas