[MG] Visualization problems for crossforum theatre

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Jan 3 15:25:34 EST 2011

Thomas wrote:
> ... And once I have zoomed into my city, it would be perfect to
> switch to the tag-based view.

Then you'd see the tag map, but scoped down to your city.  (We'd have
to teach the tagmap to do geoscoping, in addition to whatever other
scoping it supports.)

Ed Pastore wrote:
> Conversely, the n-dimensional space organized by organic evaluation
> of tags is the most robust and most likely the best long-term
> method. But it would be difficult for newcomers to orient to. And
> early on, when there isn't a lot of data, it may be sparse and
> chaotic. Until there is a lot of data in the system, the map would
> keep shifting and rearranging, wouldn't it?

Should I start coding a geomap?  Conseo's diff feed will give us both
an issue ID and two user IDs for each bite.  Even if the issue isn't
geo-plottable, the users will be.