[MG] Priorities for crossforum theatre

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Feb 23 18:17:49 EST 2011

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> > I think we need a map with a living structure. A geomap has
> > recognition value (agree with Ed) but it's more useful when it's
> > heavily populated with users.  We probably need a social map
> > that's structured by live votes.  That'll be interesting even in
> > small groups, especially to newcomers.  Maybe we can do something
> > fast on that front?  Isn't that the next priority?
>
> I agree. Its a high priority. And if I didnt miss something, no
> other project expressed further interest in connecting to the
> theatre so far, so I suggest, that we first integrate Votorola. And
> here the most interesting social map is the one showing delegation
> trees, isnt it?

Yes, probably.  We've spoken since (you, C and I) and I think we
agreed these are now the priorities:

  1. Diff feed.  C says it's ready to deploy for testing against the
     Metagov list.  So:

     a) When you have time C, please fill in setup instructions for
        the diff feed here:
        http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/crossforum.xht#diff

     b) I'll install a chat client (as you suggest) so we can hammer
        out issues on #Metagov instead of flooding the list.

     c) I'll give you SSH access to the reference server as we
        discussed, so you can monitor things.  What's your public key?

     d) I'll set up the feed services there.

        Then we'll start seeing Metagov messages in the theatre app.

     BTW, before I forget:
     http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/file/4a948e370d4d/votorola/a/web/base/WEB-INF/web.xml
     That name (voff) won't work for the online pollserver (v), it'll
     hit the wrong database.  Better to fetch it at runtime like this:

        VOFaceWeb.contextPathToPollserverName(
          getServletContext().getContextPath() );

  2. Finish roughing out the bridge footings in the wiki.

     a) For a voter's draft, automatically highlight differences
        vs. candidate.

     b) Links from draft to bridge.  You'll click next to the
        highlighted text, and land at the corresponding diff segment
        in the draft.

     c) Indicate in the footed draft which user is on the other side
        of the diff (as you suggest), and link directly to his footed
        draft.

        And maybe:

     d) Stronger links from bridge to drafts.  The script runs faster
        than expected, so maybe we can do the same here: link from
        each diff segment in the bridge directly to the corresponding
        highlighted text.

        (much more later)

  3. Votespace map.

Correct me anyone, if these are wrong.