[MG] Social mapping in crossforum theatre

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Mon Feb 7 19:23:44 EST 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Michael Allan wrote:

>>> Practically speaking, how can we approach this as a cross-project
>>> effort?  A project might want a "social skin" of it's own for the
>>> theatre app, but lack the resources to complete it.  Or it might
>>> face some other barrier.  Speaking for myself, I could try to be
>>> helpful in whatever way is needed.  (This stuff is fun to code,
>>> and I couldn't easily get too much of it on my plate.)
>
> Ed Pastore wrote:
>> Couldn't a tag cloud be the default for every community, with the
>> option to incorporate other views as they are able? I have a lot of
>> faith in the ability of tag clouds to fit much of the need, since
>> they have a way of finding organization within whatever is at hand.
>
> A social map, or another kind?  When I said that a "project might want
> a 'social skin' of it's own," I meant a voting project.  Voting
> usually produces social maps, but tagging usually produces other
> kinds.
>
> What objects would the users be tagging?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question (or honestly, the extent
of the thread where this derived). I guess I am envisioning tagging as
a universal way of drawing ideas together. The best implementations of
tagging have seen allow for anything to be tagged, but if I had to
choose one object it would be proposals.