Re-hosting the pollwiki for Occupy and the Open Voting Network

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Dec 16 12:15:59 EST 2011

Dear all,

I'm proposing to re-host the pollwiki under an Occupy branded hostname
such as ovn.occupy.net (if they allow).  Old URLs will remain valid,
but will be redirected.  This is to support the deployment of an open
voting network within the Occupy movement.

I also intend to remove Votorola-specific controls from the pollwiki
beginning in a day or two.  This may take a while, and may cause some
disruption.  Again, this is to support an open, provider-neutral
network.  We'll fall back on client controls (like bridge footings)
that can be loaded to match a user's choice of vote-server; or we'll
come up with other solutions.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.  Related discussions are
indexed here: http://zelea.com/w/Site_talk:List_of_areas#Occupy