[MG] Votespace social map - layout stability

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Apr 21 20:30:10 EDT 2011

Thanks Thomas!  I think we can't go wrong with this basic design, and
it's mostly to your own credit.  (I love how well it balances the
center and the periphery.)

Here are a couple of ideas for showing the percentages (I agree
they're needed).  The first uses numeric labels:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/vote/_/1.xht

The second (attached) uses segmented needles.  Each full segment
represents 10%.  Labels would also be shown (much as above) but only
while hovering with the mouse:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/vote/_/1b.xht

Which seems better?  I prefer the second.

Mike