[MG] Votespace social map - layout stability

Alexander Praetorius alex at twister11.de
Sun Apr 17 07:22:50 EDT 2011

I think multiple possible views are better than a single do-it-all view.
There should be view's for different purposes...
...maybe a "fractal landscape view" for overview and "node-to-node-view" for
exploration.
...maybe several options for customization of views (size of nodes show
amount of voters, colors of nodes show topic domain, thickness of edges show
amount of supporters?, and so on...)
...maybe predefined sets of view-option for all different views ???

The main question in mind should be the different user roles and what the
user might want to do with the view. What is the user interested in when he
visits the site. A journalist or a politician might have different needs
than an average voter or a technician or whatever reasons a visitor of
crossforum theater has :)