[MG] Ease of entry

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 05:45:48 EDT 2011

> Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
>> Only, I would immidiatly link to the creation page, if "My" is
>> clicked by a user without an own draft.
> So sometimes 'My' would behave as a modal switch (as originally
> suggested), and at other times as a direct link?

Yes, because in the latter case it cannot behave like a switch, because
there is nothing to switch to yet.

You didnt answer to the following:

>> ... And concerning the issue of space: How if we had a collapsable
>> menue like in the theatre map? This could then be really big,
>> covering the whole left wiki menue. Wouldnt that be great?

I'm really excited about it.

>> One more idea: If you click on a user, the footing gets fixed. To unfix
>> it you have to click this user again. Additionally I'd like to be able
>> to click on the orininal user to unfix the footings.
> http://metagovernment.org/wiki/User:Conseo/draft
>
> Currently if you click by mistake, say out of curiosity, then you can
> always click again to undo the result.

I like this and want to keep it.

>   It'll be hard to remain
> consistent with that behaviour if we allow clicking on the origin
> (4c.).  What happens when we click there first, like just after the
> page loads?

After this page loads, no footing is fixed. So clicking on 4c. doesnt
"unfix" anything. So nothing happens. Only if a footing is fixed, you
can return to the original state by clicking on 4c. or on the other
user. You can understand it as: clicking on 4c. shows the footings of
4c. in 4c. which equals: no footings. :-)