Skype Conference

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:28:18 EDT 2010

Dave,

I'm trying to reach out to you.  Mike schooled me in the direction towards
integration into a webapp.  I'd like the opportunity to pass on what I
picked up, and to share the documentation I've made so far of what plan and
feature set.

Currently, Mike described to me, in detail, what crossforum theatre is and
how it works.  This is his idea, and mine now, of how to move ahead with the
finalization of the Votorola prototype.  A simple crossforum theatre
prototype is just that; simple.  It will fill out for you and others with
questions how, currently, the Votorola system would serve a webapp, and
allow us all to have a conversation about requirements for moving forward.

In this case moving forward would probably mean moving functions around in
the architecture.  Mike expressed to me that he'd like to see crossforum as
a prototype before going ahead with additional moving of functions.  As an
example of a function, think of the votorola pollserver and the display of
the votetrace as a visual interface.  Mike thinks this function will
probably move elsewhere.  Without the system complete, though, it seems a
shame to go and do that now.

My notes are still a bit messy, but this is what I wrote down from the
conversation with Mike on crossforum
http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Alex.rollin-GmailCom/Cross_Forum_UI_Prototype

In addition you may be interested in the package of functionality called
"Vote Processing", some of which could be implemented now, and some of which
really, really is appropriate for later conversations about architecture
changes.
http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Alex.rollin-GmailCom/Vote_Processing

I recommend you read these pages and give me a call if (when) you need
clarification (because my notes are messy :()

Alex
PS, please add me on skype as discursives

--
Alex

“It’s no longer possible for a country to collapse in isolation. Now we all
collapse.

The only path to stability is to equalize the consumption rates of the first
and developing world. Our dream is no longer possible in the new world.” -
Jared Diamond March 2010