Crossforum theatre of democracy - development challenges

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Nov 1 21:33:00 EDT 2010

Alex Rollin wrote:
> I see Mike has been making some great additions to the Crossforum
> page: http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Alex.rollin-GmailCom/Crossforum

Hi Alex,

That's the UI layout I plan to code in GWT/Java/SVG:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/
I just started learning GWT when I got pulled away.  My "hello world"
client is running here: http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/crossforum.html

You mentioned that you were going to implement a layout of your own in
Drupal.  That's cool because we can have any number of theatre clients
of course, each coded on its own platform and sharing more-or-less the
same services/servers in common.  And I could concentrate on coding
the common infrastructure.  The clients can have different layouts,
too.

But can you actually code that particular layout in Drupal?  I'm not
sure, but the custom GUI work looks too ambitious for Drupal.  And can
Drupal shine in mobile devices?  That's not absolutely required,
because other clients could pick up the slack there.  But mobile would
be a nice catch, because GUI work is painfully expensive to duplicate.

We can skype if you're online.  I'm online early mornings your time,
and a little later as the week progresses.