Where next for Alex?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Jun 18 11:30:41 EDT 2010

Alex Rollin wrote:
> I'm interested in running a large organization with Votorola, ...

Are you OK with it being radically democratic?  For example, won't you
need to suppress dissent?  Most organizations cannot tolerate
unbridled dissent.

> ... and I'd prefer to use a Drupal front end instead of media-wiki.

Why you don't like MediaWiki? :-)  We rely on a common wiki for:

  a) Default drafting medium for candidate positions (legislative
     bills, plans, platforms, and so on)

  b) Collaborative definition of:
     - polls/issues
     - polling divisions/districts

  c) Input of registration data for the residential registry:
     - address, electoral districts, and so forth
     - trust edges (signing off other users' registrations)

  d) Collaborative definition and layout of:
     - streets and other ways
     - neighbourhoods

Can Drupal do any/all of that?  Can you point to where (for example)
we could do something like (a) in Drupal?  (I'd like to try it out,
and compare.)