Invite to P2P Email list sent

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Jul 6 11:08:40 EDT 2010

Alex Rollin wrote:
> I Just invited my 'home' email list to Votorola.
>
> Some info about the list is here:
>
> http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Foundation_Email_Lists

I should really start working on usability issues.  Maybe we can make
a deal? :-) All I need is to sustain a few real-life polls, alive and
kicking.  I mean polls like:

G/p/owdo
http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2010-July/thread.html#3001

BC/p/ginger
http://rabble.ca/babble/western-provinces/possible-strategy-ginger-group-bc-new-democrats

And maybe Tor/p/sw14t (if it can be brought back to life)
http://rabble.ca/babble/central-canada/why-school-board-elections-are-important

As long as we have drafting/discussion happening on a daily basis in
those threads (or wherever), I could probably sink the rest of my time
into tackling the worst of the usability issues.  (We have some big
barriers to entry, for example.)  If I did that, would you guys help
keep those polling threads alive?

> I am sending them this link:
>
> http://u.zelea.com/w/P2P/Invitation_to_Experiment_with_P2P_Protocol
>
> I know one person asked about licensing already.  The pollwiki only
> says public domain.  Is there more to it than that?

I thought public domain would be best, at least for the primary use
case of law and public policy/plans.  If it becomes a problem for some
areas/polls, we could look at solutions.  (Maybe area/poll specific
licences?)