(0) Unattractive or inaccessible polling threads

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Jul 13 18:26:47 EDT 2010

Here's a problem that strikes me as top priority:
http://rabble.ca/babble/western-provinces/possible-strategy-ginger-group-bc-new-democrats

You have to take the perspective that anyone who views the thread is a
user.  I think this is a valid perspective in a democracy, because
anyone who's interested is expected to contribute.  And judging by the
statistics, we have maybe 20-50 users so far.
http://rabble.ca/babble/far-and-wide/bc-alberta-saskatchewan
Only 2 of them, however, are fully participating.  A third is openly
scratching his head.  So we have a usability problem.  Either the
thread is unattractive, or it's innaccessible to whomever it attracts.
Possible solutions:

 A. It's just a matter of time.  Keep the thread going, and more users
    will soon become active.

 B. Stop mixing technical links (diffs etc.) into the discussion.  The
    technical links are weird and off-putting.  Instead paste the
    links at the end of each post, without a lot of comment.

Do you agree it's a top priority?  Can anyone see other solutions?