BC/p/ginger - practise thread

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Aug 13 07:13:06 EDT 2010

So we're on step 3:
http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/Guerilla_gardening#Practise_run

Anne Moreland wrote:
> I think it sounds very promising. Should I login here

(Note: when you login next, just click "Keep me logged in".  It makes
 it easier.)

> http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Diff?b=3850&a=3848 and follow standard
> procedures namely click Frag 1 upper left corner then click patch
> lower left? ...

Only patch it if you agree with the changes, at least roughly.  You
can make corrections in your own draft afterwards - step 5.

If you don't agree, or if anything's unclear, it's always best to say
so straight out.

> ... Do I then gently debate your position as opposed to stridently
> debating etc..or do I just agree and mirror your position....in other words
> are we the dialogical team in this exercise or voter/votee?

We try to reach agreement, but only where we sincerely can.  If we
keep going then we'll end up disagreeing, at some point, and we'll
have to discuss our differences (literally).  If we learn do it well -
whether strident or gentle, whatever's best - it'll be attractive to
others.  They'll want to join us in discussing the details, and maybe
even posting differences of their own.  (That's our overriding goal,
to attract new drafters/candidates.  The seed germinates with the
first one attracted.)

I'll reply to your other points soon, in a separate thread.  I don't
want to sidetrack this one.  You already know, ofc, but just a
reminder (I've forgotten myself, in the past): be sure to speak with a
trusted friend or advisor before investing any money.  ;-)