Crossforum Theatre as Unconference

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Thu Aug 19 08:44:13 EDT 2010

The proposal here is to organise a series of physical space events linked
into LD / Votorolla online debates. The concrete targets for these events
that are on my roadmap are:

   1. October 28th - Berlin at the Haus
Schwartzenberg<http://www.haus-schwarzenberg.org/>
   2. Dec 27, 2010 - CCC
Conference<http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/servlet/event.showcfp?eventid=11091&copyownerid=8774>-
Berlin
   3. Spring Term University Tour - UK and elsewhere...
   4. May 5th 2011 - Referendum in UK on changing electoral system to
   "alternative
vote"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Alternative_Vote_referendum,_2011>

I think if we brain storm around this for a while, there will equally be
possibilities of events and activites that can take place in communities
that are connected to communities that I know nothing about. This is
suggested here as a starting point and to indicate that what i am proposing
has a concrete basis that we could build on.

The format that I am proposing for these events are based on the structure
of an Unconference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>, which in
turn evolved from Open Space
Meetings<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology>in the
1990's. I am proposing a modified version of these events as
participatry or Legislative
Theatre<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_the_Oppressed#Legislative_theatre>
.

The modifications are to take much of the formal structure with regarding
decisions, and actions onto the supporting Liquid Democracy / Votorolla web
site, and to tip the Unconference format more towards the theatrical,
through engaging charismatic speakers, and the use of video projection and
the choice of venue. However the essential nature of open space meetings and
active participation would be maintained.

Additionally I am proposing that the events can be networked, that is it is
possible to have several events taking place at different locations,
allowing lower cost and more intimate conversations. These networked events
do not have to be highly technical, a meeting in a cafe or someones house
would be fine, but they do participate in the online LD facilitated