Seeing the differences among position drafts

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Oct 10 07:19:30 EDT 2009

Hey Thomas,

I think I see a crucial problem.  See these two position drafts:

  http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:ThomasvonderElbe_GmxDe/p/vohall

  http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/p/vohall

What are the differences?  I want to know so I can keep my draft as
close as possible to yours and retain your vote.  But which bits
should I transfer?

Voters too, they want to see the differences.  The whole purpose of
voting and vote shifting is to push text toward the candidate drafts,
wherever they differ from the voter's ideal.  So textual differences
are crucial.

We have a similar problem with the project plans.  Here it is even
more difficult to see the differences - disagreement in *substance* -
because we disagree on the basic *form*.  But that disagreement itself
would have been more obvious (and a topic for discussion) had the
textual differences been highlighted:

  http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/p/vop

  http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:ThomasvonderElbe_GmxDe/p/vop

So now I'm thinking, this is it!  The visualization of textual
differences is the brass ring to reach for.  Do you feel the same?

--
Mike Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521
Skype michael_c_allan