Difference engine

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Nov 18 02:58:42 EST 2009

To Martin and Thomas,

Martin Häcker wrote:
> ... I also would really like a competition about the best way to do
> this.  But, you are the first who wants to do it, so go for it!

Well, hold on a minute...  Maybe your approach is better. :^)

>>From Votorola's end, I don't see any technical objection to a design
competition.  Although we're stalled without the DE, we only need a
bare bones impl to get us going.  Mostly that's a functional addition.
(The architectural footprint on the core media is small, so there's
really no design exposure to speak of - not yet.)  The full design
could come later, as a result of the competition.

Also, if we had the competition, then we'd already have multiple
projects involved in the design.  So there'd be no need to try and
bootstrap that involvement with the development of the bare bones impl
(as we planned).  We could save time and just code it ourselves (still
as a separate project) without delay.

Technically, I think either approach (or even both together) would
work.  I have no problem following whatever you and Thomas decide.  I
can hold off, till then.

Toronto, 647-436-4521
Skype michael_c_allan