Meta-Tool

Martin Häcker mhaecker at schwarz-online.org
Tue Dec 8 14:01:22 EST 2009

> Is there anything wrong with these translations?  I'm trying to find a
> well-intentioned translation that goes wrong.

Lets try an example:

Two engines with the same voting technology but with different proposals.
* They all vote on the same law-text, so they should work together
* If there are all different proposals but one that is the same (e.g. keep the status quo) that can be mapped. One case where this could go bad is if this leads to the case where the 'keep the status quo' option gets the majority on votes on both systems (if the mapping is bidirectional) even though on each engine vastly different proposals would win without the mapping.

This could only be prevented IMO if you always sync the proposals with the votes - but this requires even more mapping with more difficulties. (And IMO requires to also bring abroad the arguments for and against the proposals)

I think this is pretty pathological - anybody got an even more pathological case?

Regards,
Martin