Funding

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Tue Dec 8 14:28:30 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM, David Bovill <david.bovill at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK - is the Ferein currently funded / supported by an institution / sponsor?

No, the association is financed entirely by membership payments but it
is big enough to guarantee continued availability of funds to run the
proposed infrastructure.

German law regarding this kind of associations [1] is specialized
towards this kind of non-profit enterprise, making all donations to
the group tax-deductible but prohibiting us from running as a generic
enterprise.

I really think that we should cooperate on fundraising, development
and marketing as much as possible, and I'd again like to propose 26C3
as an excellent venue to meet and discuss this.

Cheers,

 Friedrich

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_association

--