Meta-Tool

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:28:51 EST 2009

2009/12/8 Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com>

It's still unclear in my mind, exactly how mirroring can lead to bad
> consequences.  I agree with Friedrich, we should probably be extra
> clear about this.  We should try to find examples.

Thanks for posting the examples. Took me a while to flip your diagrams in my
head - think I've got it now :) I'll give the examples some thought. I don't
have any pathological examples right now, but I'll work on it. A couple of
casual questions int the mean time:

   1. You are proposing mirror-mapping delegations and votes, but accepting
   that different implementations would reach different results?
   2. May problems not happen if voters are present in both systems? Perhaps
   voting inconsistently in both systems?
   3. May a voter say
H<http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:ThomasvonderElbe_GmxDe/Vote_mirroring#IRV_to_single_transitive>not
object to the mapping, saying something like "Hell, if I knew I could
   delegate then I'd have opted not for T, but would have delegated to K!" -
   which would have changed the result?

However, it looks promising enough for me to think that the import / export
functions could be useful. So my last questions are:

   1. do you have a markup that you would propose using?
   2. how about a common vote graphing service?

I'd like to work on the vote graphing, as I've been interested in that area.
It also seems like so far none of the implementations have visual mapping of
the vote graphs? So what I'd propose is setting up a web service, which
receives vote-graphs is some standard markup, and returns images, and later
a range of interactive maps that can be embedded in LD implementations.