Mapping

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sat Dec 5 11:52:51 EST 2009

Since I´m not so much of a technical guy, I can not really contribute to
the technical details.
But I completely agree with David: we don´t care too much about the
differences between all our projects, but start from the lowest common
denominator. And already with this so much is possible. :-)

> Users could move from one system to another using openID, they could
> visit a central site (I'm offering the liquiddemocracy domains - where they
> can go shopping for an implementation, compare, comment on, make
> recommendations for systems based on viewing the quality of deliberation and
> decision making of an implementation given the same data - comparing like
> for like.

I like this very much! And thank you for this offer! :-)
Isn´t it strange how things sometimes come together? Exactly now, when
the Liquid Democracy e.V. of Germany begins to think along similiar
lines you come in ...

>    2. No lock in. Communities using an LD implementation need to be able to
>    move relatively easily to another competing system, retaining the record of
>    past activity needed to avoid reentering duplicate info (hard).

I find this idea of whole groups trying out other engines very
fascinating. Until now I thought only about single users moving to
another engine. But this would be problematic in some cases, where they
still wanted to be part of their old group (e.g. keep their delegate,
which still works with the old engine). But with a whole group that
should actually work.

Greetings,
Thomas