Direct democracy

Martin Gustavsson martingustavsson72 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:27:08 EST 2008

"But who decides who's interested? :)"
:)
I imagine a system where "the party opinion" is set as a default and where
possible delegates could be ex.: Democrats, Republicans, Liberals,
Greenpeace, you, me etc.
Issues would be ex.: energy, environment, defence, education, etc.

Who is interested in the details is regulated by who is actually
participating in the discussions, voting and then offering to be a delegate
within the issue.

A forum of this size needs limits. People cannot keep themselves informed by
all details within. They have to open the forum and take a look themselves
at the things they are interested in and delegate other issues to people and
organizations they trust. Getting e-mails about every descision in all
issues would be considered spam, unless you really prefer to manipulate
everything through e-mail.

They can however directly see in their voting account what happened with
their mandate and what is about to happen and directly manipulate it if they
wish.

e-mail for voting is not to safe either. I guess some kind of system that
the banks use would be more appropriate. Downloading certificates using,
limited time codes and similar.

--
Peace vision -> More democracy -> How? -> www.aktivdemokrati.se